Saturday 10 April 2010

I Heart Missouri


Those of you who have been following where I've been this past week, will perhaps know a little bit about the farm and if so, will know there are an unusually high number of heart shaped rocks to be found on the property. In my week there, I picked up 3 and probably spotted half a dozen others.


Whatever the geological reasons may be, I prefer to think there are other forces at play. During my week long stay, I was truly welcomed into the home and hearts of Susan & Joe and brought back with me (along with the rocks!) a head full of happy memories which will stay with me a lifetime.


As I sift through the 200+ photographs and get through the jetlag (ughh), my heart aches for the wide open spaces I've left behind. Not to mention the Good food, Great company and Gorgeous lambs.


It's 'G' year for lamb names this year, read this for an explanation on naming and some useful background on the flock breeds. Whilst my naming suggestion for the little girl pictured above has yet to be taken up (G-Spot.....and what is wrong with that?!), did you notice something over her right shoulder?


Go on, take a closer look.

1 comment:

Candy C. said...

OMG! I am SOOO jealous that you got to go visit with Farmgirl Susan and Hunky Farmguy!! As soon as you mentioned the heart shaped rocks I knew where you were! LOL!! She was actually my inspiration to begin blogging and I enjoy visiting her blog daily and I REALLY enjoy all her wonderful recipes! Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)